Monday, June 20, 2011

74th Annual Stern Grove SF Summer Series Festi

I've been on the road riding, but I had to make sure I got back home to SF and not miss the opening day of the Stern Grove Festival.  I've see some great shows during opening days.  One memorable show was with Queen Roberta Flack.  She rocks so hard!  She's a PRO.

This years 74th annual festival jumped off with headliner Sharon Jones and the Dap King.  Ben L'oncle Soul from France set off the vibe right with his neo/throwback/soul style band, complete with backup dancers that got people off their feet.  I could definitely see him rocking shows with Raphael Saadiq and Mayer Hawthrone.

So if you some how find yourself in SF California on any random Sunday this summer you might want to check-in to this FREE All ages summer concert series.  Runs June 19th through to August 21st.  For more info visit http://www.sterngrove.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment